Helping You Be Comfortable Since 1975
How often do you vacuum and dust your home ?
Getting your ducts cleaned is the same concept. This will help reduce the frequency you vacuum and dust by removing contaminates that are being re-circulated throughout your home’s air duct system.
These situations reduce the dangers associated with such problems by simply having your ducts cleaned and sanitized.
Indoor Air Quality Facts
1. Indoor air pollution is ranked among the top 5 environmental dangers to the public. (EPA)
2. Studies have shown that two out of three indoor air quality problems involve the HVAC/Air Duct System.
3. Children and the elderly are especially affected by polluted indoor air. (Department of Consumer Affairs)
4. Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) in indoor air can be 2 to 5 times greater than in outdoor air.(EPA)
5. 20% of all illnesses are either caused by, or aggravated by, polluted indoor air. (American College of Allergists)
6. The level of some hazardous pollutants in indoor air has been found to be up to 70 times greater than in outdoor air. (USEPA)
7. Most people spend 60% to 90% of their time indoors. (American Lung Association & EPA)
8. The average 6-room house collects 40 pounds of dust each year. (Discover Magazine)
1. More than 50 million Americans suffer from allergies.
2. One out of six people who suffer from allergies do so because of the direct relationship to fungi and bacteria in air duct systems. (Total Health and Better Health Magazines)
1. 10-12 million Americans suffer from Asthma. (American College of Allergists)
2. Over 7.6 million children 5-17 years) and over 12.7 million young adults (18-44 years) suffer from asthma. (National Center for Health Statistics)
3. 86% increase in asthma cases between 1980 to 1996. (Chicago Tribune 9/26/04)
4. About 5,000 people die from asthma related issues. (Chicago Tribune 9/26/04)
Dust Mite Facts
1. Each person can shed up to 700,000 skin scales per day creating an abundant food source for dust mites.
2. About 40,000 dust mites can "thrive" in only one ounce of dust.
3. Approximately 10 to 15 percent of the population suffers from an allergy related to dust mites.
So…after all of these spooky statistics how can you help eliminate these potential threats to your family??? Get your ducts cleaned every 5-10 years of course!!!
Olson Comfort has an experienced crew working with top of the line equipment designed to clean and sanitize your air duct system in only a few hours.
Rotobrush International has been kind enough to allow Olson Comfort Services to purchase and use their equipment. Not only are the ducts cleaned and checked for efficiency, but they are also sanitized with an anti-microbial spray that will further clean and kill any unwanted guests getting away with free rent.
Don’t let imposters trick you into just cleaning your ducts and overlook that fact of sanitation. This spray also allows a more fluent current of air to flow through your system. By creating a non-stick surface, dirt and debris will flow easier through your duct’s return and be trapped by your filtration system before it is ever conditioned and supplied to your home! Sorry, you might have to change the filter a few more times a year, but better that then having your lungs filter for you…
Not only does your health benefit you from cleaning the ducts, but it also allows a professional to assess your air duct situation and provide suggestions for a more efficient and comfortable living experience. Most of the time, unexpected objects are removed and discovered in your ducts including but not limited to; pop cans, tennis balls, animal toys, crayons and markers and even lost pets (snakes seem to fall victim to this sad situation).
We also clean the registers and can help you replace those rusty old ugly vents you have been ignoring for years!!! If you are interested we will even paint them at the time for a small charge to give that “new look” you once had.
Olson also understands the cleanliness of our customer’s homes and treat them as such. Rugs and runners are layed on your carpets, hard wood floors, and stairs to ensure no damage to any surface. Booties are worn at all times as well.
Have you had any new construction in your home recently? Has there been new drywall put up? These are ideal times to have your ducts cleaned as more than normal air contaminants have been introduced in your home and needs to be assessed. Don’t breath this junk in, get your ducts cleaned.
Call us today for your free estimate and assessment of your home ventilation system. We offer huge savings at the time of other services so don’t be afraid to ask our friendly techs a few questions or schedule an estimate. Your health is valuable to you and your family so protect it!